How to Create a Scarecrow Popsicle Stick Magnet.
Hot Glue Gun/ Glue Sticks
Elmer’s Craft Glue
Magnets (.75 in x 19 mm)
Art Paint (black, white, and orange)
1’’ pom-poms for the scarecrow’s nose
Scarecrow’s hair (yarn, string, or article hair)
Newspaper or a towel to protect your work surface
- Count out 7 Popsicle sticks. Cut out a piece of cardboard, enough for the 7 sticks to fit on. Then use the Elmer’s glue to apply the sticks to the cardboard. Let it dry completely.
- Use the hot glue gun to apply the scarecrow’s hair to each end of a Popsicle stick. Glue the stick to the rest of the scarecrow’s body. We used artificial hair on some of our scarecrows. Have some fun with it!
- Paint the scarecrow’s body and allow it dry.
- Paint on your scarecrow’s face.
- Next, is to have fun dressing up your scarecrow. We glued on pom-poms for a nose and added flowers to their hats. Have fun with it!
- Add magnets to the back of each scarecrow. I added two magnets to each of my scarecrow.
- Let it dry and you are all done.